Considering a mobile bar for your event or celebration? If so, you probably have a few questions about how the whole thing works. We walk you through hiring a mobile bar with these frequently asked questions…
What are the options for hiring the bar?
With Chota Peg and Lime, we currently offer three options although these may vary depending on the package you order, such as private hire, corporate events or our wedding mobile bar service.
- A cash bar is where guests pay for their own drinks off a drinks menu of your choice
- An open bar is where you cover the costs of the drinks ordered
- A ticket bar is when guests can order drinks up the value of the voucher. Once used, guests buy their own drinks. The ticket bar is a halfway option between a cash and an open bar.
What about the ‘licence to serve alcohol’?
Chota Peg and Lime have the necessary licences in place to sell alcohol. This is great news if you are using an unlicensed venue for your party or event. If you are using licensed premises, there is no need for a separate licence. We can apply for an event licence if your event needs one, but we will need 21 days’ notice.
How much will it cost?
Hiring the bar is free if the event lasts for longer than 4 hours and a minimum number of guests. Send us an email for more information on charges for hiring a mobile bar for events, weddings and parties in and around London.
What about staffing?
As well as bar staff, we also supply waiting on and event staff, trained cocktail bar staff, as well as security personnel and event managers too. By having a range of trained staff with various expertise on hand, no matter what the event, whether it is a surprise birthday party, a wedding or a corporate event for hundreds of people, we have it sorted.
What is ‘dry hire’?
This is where you hire the bar itself, but you supply the drinks and staff the bar yourself too. Perfect for community events where you plan on serving soft drinks and non-alcoholic cocktails.
Want something different?
Hiring a mobile bar for London events is popular, mainly because it makes hosting an event super-easy. But when you want something different, you can expect Chota Peg and Lime to pull it out the bag…
- How about barrel hire? This is where guests dispense their own beer, perfect as an add-on to the main bar.
- A cocktail evening is perfect for a night in, a girl’s only night or a bridal shower with a difference. Let our trained cocktail staff mix your favourite cocktails and let the good times roll!
- Cocktail ‘lessons’ are perfect for creating your own tasty cocktails. You can come with your group to one of our venues or we can come to you. Again, a great activity to get a bachelorette party going for the night ahead!
- A mobile bar for hire for events and parties in and around London is an affordable way of bringing the drinks to your guests. And with competitive bar prices, who wouldn’t hire us?